Happy Magazine relies on the stories and images of readers just like you. Are you interested in contributing?
So many of you get in touch with us about the stories we share from other readers. So often we can find inspiration, hope and courage in another person’s experience. Sometimes a problem shared is a problem halved. Sometimes writing is the greatest therapy of all. Seeing it in words, before us. To share, or for our own eyes only.
If you are interested in contributing something to Happy Magazine, we’d love to hear from you. If you’re keen to share your story but are not sure what to write or where to start, take a look at our questions below – they might help you to write out your cancer journey so far.
Alternatively, if you run a cancer community, are the spouse/partner/carer of someone with cancer or if you have a particular skill/experience/job that you could write about which might help people who’re going through cancer or who’ve finished treatment (yoga, exercise, relaxation techniques, mindfulness, meditation, wigs, beauty, etc), we’d love to hear from you.
Get involved by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Writing prompts for Your Stories on Happy Magazine
- Your name, age and where you’re from
- Your diagnosis story
- How did you feel when you were first diagnosed?
- Your treatment plan
- How did treatment go for you?
- Worst/best part of treatment
- What got you through treatment?
- Single best advice that helped you
- Where are you now/how are you now?
- How do you feel about your cancer experience now?
- Has cancer changed you, if yes, how?
- Have you changed anything in your life as a result of cancer, if yes, what and how?
- What helps you now if you have a difficult day?
- Single best purchase that helped you through cancer
- If you could give one piece of advice to someone recently diagnosed, what would it be?