WellFest, Ireland’s largest health, fitness and wellness festival will be returning this year on Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 May 2019 at the Royal Hospital Kilmainham in Dublin.
Now in its fifth year, WellFest is Ireland’s first and largest health, fitness and wellness festival founded by Fionnualla Cleary, Anthony Kelly, Helena Ryan and Katie Ryan. A health and wellness experience like no other, WellFest features over 150 health and wellness experts from Ireland and abroad, over 15 stages, delicious food and exciting brands. WellFest provides the ultimate feel good experience for attendees to create memories that inspire them all year round. As well as the annual festival, WellFest hosts pop-up events and provides year-round wellness inspiration via wellfest.ie.
I attended last year and spent most of the festival in the WellMind tent, where I listened to some incredible talks and discussions led by husband and wife super-team, Miriam and Gerry Hussey. I’m delighted to see they are both on the schedule once again this year and know that they certainly won’t disappoint.
If you are new here to Happy Magazine, why not check out this awesome talk by Gerry on the power of the subconscious mind from WellFest last year, I think you might find it really inspiring.
British broadcaster, best-selling author and founder of Happy Place, Fearne Cotton has been announced as a headline presenter for WellFest 2019. She will be joined by former Australian pole vaulter turned fitness and yoga expert Amanda Bisk, amongst many others, including:
- American dance-fitness instructor and creator of The Sculpt Society Megan Roup
- Fitness experts Alice Liveing, Bradley Simmonds and Faisal Abdalla
- Mixed Martial Arts coach John Kavanagh
- Bestselling author and entrepreneur Ella Mills, founder of Deliciously Ella
- Fitness expert and host of the UK’s number 1 rated health and fitness podcast, Ben Coomber
- Yoga sensations Cat Meffan and Richie Norton (aka The Strength Temple)
- Dietitian Dr Megan Rossi, AKA The Gut Health Doctor
- Skin experts consultant dermatologist and author of ‘The Skin Bible’ Dr. Anjali Mahto and founder & CEO of The Skin Nerd, Jennifer Rock
- Personal trainer and yogi Tyrone Brennand (aka Be The Fittest)
- Cookbook author and one half of sister-duo Hemsley + Hemsley, Melissa Hemsley
- London Harley Street nutritionist and cookery author Rhiannon Lambert
- Best-selling cookery author and healthy food and lifestyle enthusiast Roz Purcell
- Performance psychologist Gerry Hussey
- Integrated wellness and nutritional coach Miriam Hussey
- The Mindfulness Centre
- Fitness and healthy living duo Dominic and Grainne Parker
- ‘The Natural Lifestylist’, Tony Riddle
Our regular Yoga Contributor here on Happy Magazine, Ruth Delahunty from Yogaru, will also be teaching at the festival again this year (go Ruth!) in the WellYoga tent, so if you’ve ever wanted to try out one of her yoga sequences led by her in a lovely outdoor space, this is your opportunity!
What’s new for WellFest 2019?
KBC returns as presenting partner for the third year running with the KBC Main Stage and its newly expanded WellGood area. Boogie Bounce (exercise sessions on individual trampolines!) returns to the WellGood stage following its popularity last year along with classes and talks from a host of health and wellness ambassadors and much more.
The festival will also feature an expanded WellKids area for 2019. This will include POUND dance classes for kids, as well as Hula Hooping, yoga for kids, Dance It Out Ireland and animal movement sessions.
A further new feature this year will be the ‘Healing Zone’, featuring holistic treatments for body and mind.
WellFest is a truly special weekend event suitable for the whole family. You can mix and match your timetable over the weekend to attend different talks, exercise sessions, nutrition and wellness sessions and much more. There are spaces to chill out and relax, buy and share food with friends and generally enjoy a great family-friendly festival atmosphere. It’s a wonderful event to reinvigorate body and mind and come away feeling energised and inspired.
This is one weekend event to round up your family or your besties and book those tickets now. I can’t wait already.
Weekend and day tickets for the festival are on sale now for €79 and €49 respectively at https://wellfest.ie/festival
By Happy Magazine Editor, Holly Kennedy.